Kissimmee teen arrested for attempted murder of father
A 19-year-old Kissimmee man has been charged with attempted first-degree murder after allegedly stabbing his father multiple times in a domestic altercation.
According to Kissimmee police reports, officers responded to a 911 call early Saturday on Creekmont Lane regarding a medical emergency, and found a man suffering from multiple lacerations, including three stab wounds to his back. The victim, identified as Luis Rafael Lugo Hichez, initially told authorities that he had “fallen on a knife” despite the severity and number of wounds.
Police observed Luis Rafael Lugo standing the doorway of his bedroom sweating profusely and with blood on his clothing and marks on his face.
The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment, where medical personnel confirmed his injuries were consistent with stab wounds but were not life-threatening. The victim insisted the wounds were accidental and declined to press charges or provide further details about the incident.
Further investigation and witness statements indicated Lugo and his father had been arguing just before the older man was found bleeding on the floor. Police later discovered a blood-covered butcher knife hidden behind an entertainment center.
Kissimmee man arrested in fatal stabbing
Kissimmee police have charged Romeo Florez-Perez, 25, in the stabbing death of a man whose body was found on Thanksgiving morning in a canal near the North Emory Avenue residence they shared.
Authorities eventually identified the victim, Jhovany Hernandez Amaya, 21, after finding an international cash transfer card in his wallet. A receipt from La Mexicana Supermarket was also found, leading investigators to video surveillance, which showed Hernandez Amaya walking with another man days before his death.
Detectives linked the crime to a residence at 713 North Emory Avenue, just 350 feet from where the body was found. Interviews with residents and a search of the property uncovered blood evidence and personal belongings linked to both the victim and the suspect.
During interrogations, multiple witnesses identified the suspect as Florez-Perez. Statements revealed that an argument escalated between Florez-Perez and the victim after the latter allegedly fired a BB gun at him. In retaliation, Florez-Perez reportedly retrieved a kitchen knife and fatally stabbed Hernandez Amaya in the abdomen.
One witness claimed Florez-Perez has a history of violence and had threatened him not to go to the police. He also said another person bought the suspect a plane ticket to fly to Mexico on Dec. 5.
A warrant was issued for Florez-Perez’s arrest, and court records indicate he was taken into custody in San Antonio, Texas on Dec. 7, and extradited back to Florida. He had his first court appearance on last week and is currently being held at the Osceola County Jail without bond.
Reports said Kissimmee police previously arrested Florez-Perez as part of an aggravated battery investigation. No further details were available.
Sheriff’s Office seeks absconded offenders
The Osceola County Sheriff ’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating a number of sexual offenders who have absconded from registration and whose current whereabouts are unknown. They are: Daniel Woolfork, convicted of lewd/lascivious battery on a victim 12-15 years old; Douglas Crosby, sexual battery/coerce by threat; Jose Pagan-Rosario, attempted rape; Lonnie Brummit, criminal sexual conduct 3rd degree.
Anyone with information on these offenders should contact the Sheriff’s Office at 407-348-1100 or Crime Line at 1-800-423-TIPS.
Suspect arrested in New Year’s shooting
Kissimmee Police have charged Marcus Julio Rivera, 31, in connection with the shooting of a man during a New Year’s Eve altercation.
Rivera, a convicted felon with a history of weapons violations, is being held without bond on a charge of attempted first-degree murder with a firearm, possession of a weapon by a convicted felon and firing a weapon in public or on residential property.
According to police reports, an officer performing offduty detail at HCA Florida Hospital just before 2 a.m. on New Year’s Day saw a man drive up suffering from gunshot wounds and bleeding profusely from the abdomen. His son and another man were with him. Investigators determined that the shooting occurred outside the Outrigger Apartments on Mabbette Street.
Witnesses described a verbal altercation between the victim and a group of women near the entrance of the complex. Moments later, several men, some armed with rifles and pistols, aggressively approached Vaughn and his group. Reports said an unknown male fired multiple shots at Vaughn.
Crime scene technicians later found spent .380 shell casings, broken jewelry, blood and a bullet fragment in the apartment complex parking lot. A witness told police he saw a white Acura flee the shooting. Further investigation led detectives to apartment 103, which was being rented by the suspect’s mother who owned a similar vehicle.
Vaughn, who police say is in stable condition, told investigators he had been in a physical altercation with a group of males before one of them, identified by the street name “Deuce,” shot him multiple times. His son later confirmed to police that “Deuce” was Marcus Rivera and identified him in a photo lineup.