Sheriff's Office gives update in machete-swinging attack

An argument that led to an attack with a machete in a west Kissimmee neighborhood led to the arrest of a man on aggravated battery charges Monday, the Osceola County Sheriff's Office said.

Angel Ramos-Arce, 35, was arrested at the hospital where he took his victim after swinging a gardening tool, and then a machete, at him, deputies say.

This took place Monday afternoon inside the Siesta Lago mobile home park off Siesta Lago Drive and west U.S. Highway 192. Police said one of their deputies as on routine patrol around the area of Circle K at Siesta Lago and 192 and was approached by a female advising that her brother was battered with a machete. She also stated that the person who had battered her brother was taking him to the hospital. Deputies responded to the hospital and learned the victim had gotten into a verbal argument with Ramos-Arce, because the victim was upset that the suspect had been repeatedly harassing his sister at at the Circle K, where she worked.

The verbal argument escalated into a physical altercation about two blocks away in the neighborhood. During the course of the fight, the suspect retreated to his vehicle, grabbed a gardening tool, and struck the victim with it. The suspect then returned to his vehicle again, retrieved a machete, and chased the victim before ultimately striking him with it. After striking the victim with the machete, the suspect transported him to the hospital. A second victim also suffered a broken nose after being struck in the face by the suspect.

Ramos-Arce was promptly arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and booked in the Osceola County Jail, where records show he has been released on a $5,000 bond. Court records show he was also arrested on a felony battery charge in December 2021, but the charges were dropped.