Kissimmee man accused of sexually abusing teen
A Kissimmee man is facing multiple felony charges after deputies say he sexually abused his fiancée’s teenage daughter.
The Osceola County Sheriff ’s Office has arrested Jhonatan Urrego-Millan, 31, and charged him with four counts of sexual battery by a custodian and one count of lewd and lascivious molestation on a victim between the ages of 12 and 16.
According to the Sheriff’s report, the victim’s mother contacted authorities after learning of alleged sexual activity between Urrego-Millan and her daughter. Urrego-Millan told investigators the girl kissed him and that he pushed her away, claiming no other physical contact occurred. He also said that surveillance cameras inside the home would corroborate his version of events.
Urrego-Millan was booked into the Osceola County Jail, where he remains held on a $125,000 bond, increased from $35,000 after his arrest.
Osceola man pleads guilty to wire fraud scheme
U.S. Department of Justice announced that a Kissimmee man has pleaded guilty to four counts of wire fraud.
Levelle Joseph Harris, 38, faces up to 20 years in federal prison on each count. Harris is also facing a forfeiture order of $640,911.85, which represents the total proceeds he obtained through his fraudulent conduct. A sentencing date has not yet been set.
According to court records, Harris previously committed wire fraud in 2020 by fraudulently obtaining nearly $1.3 million in COVID relief funds, then used some of the funds to purchase residential property. Harris was federally prosecuted and convicted of 14 counts of wire fraud relating to that conduct.
The United States then sought the forfeiture of the residential property Harris purchased with the stolen COVID relief funds. Before his sentencing in that case, Harris claimed he had sold the property and gave the proceeds to the United States. Agents later determined, however, that the sale was unlawful. Between Feb. 7, 2022, and Jan. 31, 2023, Harris avoided paying the criminal forfeiture by obtaining a mortgage on the property through false representations, using the fraudulent mortgage proceeds to purchase the residence and pay off his criminal forfeiture. Through Harris’s mortgage fraud scheme, he fraudulently obtained another $640,911.85. The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.