As Florida continues to experience a high unemployment rate amid the coronavirus pandemic, the loss of health insurance coverage is also a major concern of those who are unemployed.
HCA Healthcare hospitals in Central Florida have made available a free insurance hotline to help individuals and families who have lost health insurance coverage find temporary coverage while they are unemployed. The Health Coverage Hotline is available to anyone needing assistance and is live Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 833-867-8771.
According to HCA Healthcare leaders in Central Florida, an important part of the hospitals’ mission is to be there in times of need and to ensure lack of insurance coverage and fears about the COVID-19 virus do not preclude people from receiving the health care they need. Any individual who needs help navigating health coverage while unemployed or furloughed can call the Health Coverage Hotline. Hotline advisors can help guide them through the complicated insurance landscape to find the best option for them and their specific health needs.
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
• Continuing an employer's existing plan for those who have recently lost a job (COBRA and other options).
• Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program.
• Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance.
• Medicaid for those that meet certain criteria.
• State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a life-changing event like job loss.
These services are offered at no cost; HCA Healthcare is not representing any other company or selling insurance plans.