The St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce announced it is reconvening its 2020 Christmas Parade.
The St. Cloud City Manager Bill Sturgeon held a meeting on Wednesday with the St. Cloud Main Street and the Chamber of Commerce and requested that the organizations work together to put the popular event back on its original date of Dec. 5.
City Manager Bill Sturgeon said, “I’m looking for a win-win here. Our downtown businesses have been hit especially hard during this pandemic and we need to actively work with the Chamber and Main Street to find a way to have a parade.”
The Chamber of Commerce has developed a Safety Plan to minimize the risk to the participants and observers. Although the event is outside, we are requesting that the public adhere to the following protocols to ensure a safe event:
· As always, if you are sick, or running a fever, please stay home whether you are an entrant or a viewer. Safe Distancing in accordance with current CDC guidelines (6 Feet apart).
· Hand washing/sanitizing stations will be available along the parade-viewing route.
· Volunteers will display reminders: “Please wear your mask.”
· Masks will be available for those who wish them.
· No candy or other items will be thrown from parade entrants.