Show us how you save water with art
Toho Water Authority has kicked off its annual Drop Savers Calendar Contest. Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create an 8.5” x 11” poster depicting a water conservation idea. The contest is open to Osceola and Polk County schools who are within Toho’s service area. The contest allows students to promote water awareness and the importance of water conservation in their daily routines.
· Students must work on posters individually otherwise the poster cannot be entered into contest.
· Please do not incorporate copyrighted material such as logos, characters or names in your posters. Also any computer graphics and photos must be the student's own work. (BTW: For this contest highlighters do not work well.)
· Student's name should not appear on the front of the poster but only on the entry form.
· Remember to attach the completed entry form to the back of the poster with transparent tape.
Deadline is first Friday in March
Each school must submit all entries to Toho Water Authority (951 Martin Luther King Blvd., Kissimmee, FL 34741) by the first Friday in March. Arrangements can be made for posters to be picked up from participating schools.
Categories - Grade divisions for the contest are as follows:
· Division One: Kindergarten – First grade
· Division Two: Second – Third grade
· Division Three: Fourth – Fifth grade
· Division Four: Sixth – Eighth grade
· Division Five: Ninth – Twelfth grade
Entries are judged on relevance to subject, creativity and originality, not just artistic abilities. Besides appearing in the calendar, the grand winner's school will receive $500 for art supplies. The school with the most entries will receive $250 for art supplies. Winners of our contest will be forwarded to the statewide contest and notified.
Entry forms and more information
Please visit our Education section on www.tohowater.com for more information and to download the entry form. Teachers interested in participating can also contact Toho’s PIO Office at 407-944-5142 or email email@example.com to receive more information or to have entry form kits delivered to their school.