Osceola County School Board offers $9.5 million in salaries and benefits to teachers

  • Osceola County School District
    Osceola County School District

The School Board has made an offer in negotiations with the Osceola County Education Association to provide the district's instructional personnel an increase in salaries valued at $9.5 million. 

Working within the mandates of House Bill 641, House Bill 5001, and the limits of the Florida Legislature’s allocation for Osceola County, the district will ensure all classroom teachers as defined in the statute earn the minimum base salary of $46,100, School District officials said. This would be retroactive back to July 1. House Bill 5001 specifically states that 80 percent of the district's allocation be used for this purpose. The remaining 20 percent of the district's teacher salary allocation will allow the board to provide a $900 raise for eligible full-time instructional personnel.

According to a School Board press release, “The School Board and superintendent look forward to continuing bargaining efforts and hope to reach agreement soon in order to get these dollars into the hands of our dedicated teachers.”