The newest Beef Jerky Outlet franchise which is now open at Waterford Lakes Town Center is celebrating its grand opening on Feb. 6.
The jerky outlet will donate part of the proceeds from the opening celebration to a local grassroots charity, Mission Blue Inc. an organization that assists First Responders in need of assistance after tragic situations.
The owners of Beef Jerky Outlet Orlando decided to open their first of 3 locations in a neighborhood store at Waterford Lakes Town Center. The show has specialty food items in addition to jerky products, including hot sauces, jellies, jams, and gourmet chocolates and popcorn
The Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 200 jerky varieties and sizes, including specialty meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk with exotic flavors ranging from Moonshine to Cajun. Sales of beef jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015.
Come out to sample a variety of jerky flavors. Lucky customers will walk away with Beef Jerky Outlet gift cards that will be given out throughout the grand opening day.
Ten percent of all sales Saturday go to Mission Blue Inc., a local charity that helps First Responders who are impacted in tragic situations
All military and first responders receive 10 percent discounts on their Beef Jerky Outlet purchases.
The Game 96.9 will be broadcasting LIVE from 4-6 p.m. and prizes will be given out
History of Beef Jerky:
The word jerky has its origins in the native languages of South America. In the 1800s, the term “jerky” quickly spread across the new world to describe the process of smoking, drying and curing beef. American Indians, cowboys and pioneers made and embraced jerky as an easily transportable and long lasting food source. Jerky has traditionally been the No. 1 favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA has sent it up to our astronauts in space.
Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for lightweight, high protein foods. Jerky is lean, high in protein and nutritional value and low in calories, carbohydrates and fat (jerky is only 3 percent fat).
• IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry.
• Jerky is in the beef snack category – the fastest growing segment of the snack food industry (Convenience Store Decisions, Nov. 2012).
• Our nation’s health craze is fueling the jerky revolution as runners, weightlifters, hikers and weekend warriors eat it before, during and after exercise.
• Jerky is a popular snack for folks on the trendy Paleo diet, which urges consumers to eat foods from their hunter/gatherer ancestors.
• Jerky is catching on for women too, because the cured, low fat snack provides an energy boost without spoiling the diet. A study at Penn State University found physically active women ages 18–45 consider jerky as more convenient and satisfying than tortilla chips.
• Chefs are now incorporating jerky into their gourmet dishes. You can find jerky on the menus of high end restaurants in Four Seasons hotels and others throughout the country.
About the Beef Jerky Outlet:
The Beef Jerky Outlet is the world’s first national beef jerky franchise that has grown to six founder-owned stores, 50 opened franchise stores, and in the next 18 months, more than 100 across the U.S. The Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 200 jerky varieties and sizes including kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk with exotic flavors ranging from Moonshine to Cajun. The dried, smoked meat has traditionally been the No. 1 favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA sent jerky up to the astronauts in space. Today, jerky is selling like crazy with the general population because of America’s demand for low fat, low calorie foods that are high in protein. IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015, catapulting it to a $1.24 billion industry. For more information, please visit www.beefjerkyorlando.com.