Rev your engines, Kissimmee. Mecum Auctions is here. The 11-day car auction and entertainment event kicks off at Osceola Heritage Park today.
The small event that first came to the Kissimmee venue in 2006 has evolved into an extravagant entertainment event, and is even known to be the world’s largest annual collector-car auction. From vehicle and road art auctions, parades and the “Dodge Thrill Ride,” to live music, keynote speakers, culinary cook-offs and more, there’s now something for everyone to enjoy — not just the car enthusiasts of the family.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Mecum Auctions is headquartered in Walworth, Wis.
• Kissimmee isn’t the only city to host Mecum Auctions. More than a dozen other cities host annually, including cities like Houston, Dallas, Chicago and Harrisburg.
• However, Kissimmee is Mecum’s largest and longest of Mecum Auctions’ shows, and is the world’s largest annual collector-car auction.
• Mecum Auctions is ranked No. 1 in the world for number of collector cars offered, with more than 20,000 vehicles every year.
• The 2019 Kissimmee auction features 3,500 vehicles.
• Mecum Auctions is also ranked No. 1 in the U.S. for number of auction venues, and total dollar volume of sales.
• Portions of Mecum Auctions is televised on NBCSN. (See “BROADCAST SCHEDULE.”)
What’s an entertainment event without a little bit of live music? Performers are scheduled to take the stage throughout the week.
All performances are from 2 to 6 p.m., on the Mecum Midway Stage.
• Jan. 4: Audio Exchange
• Jan. 5: Redline 7000
• Jan. 10: Soul Circus Cowboys
• Jan. 11: Frequency
• Jan. 12: Audio Exchange
The Mecum Culinary Cook-Off happens Jan. 11-12, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Celebrity Chef Andrew Zimmern will serve as one of the judges during the Jan. 12 competition.
Attention thrill seekers: This one’s for you. This is your chance to get in a car and experience a thrilling ride for yourself.
The ride features professional drivers in Dodge Challenger SRT Hell Cats out on a drifting course.
This attraction is included in Mecum Auctions 2019 admission.
NOTABLE, FEATURED LOTS
With all of the entertainment to catch on site, don’t forget about the main attraction — the vehicles. There’s roughly 3,500 lots up for auction this year, with a few notable ones to say the least.
Some of this year’s featured lots include a 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake (LOT F124), a 1965 Ford GT Competition Prototype Roadster (LOT S138), a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (LOT F130.1), a 1932 Ford McMullen Roadster (LOT S107), and a 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari (LOT S114).
A unique element of Mecum Auctions is that it doesn’t only host vehicle auctions, it also hosts road art auctions.
Featured pieces can be anything from original street signage, to model cars and paintings. Some of this year’s notable Road Art include a 12x8 Harley-Davidson Service Sign (LOT A66), a ‘57 Chevy Bel Air Kiddie Ride (LOT H5), a four-jar Northwestern 60s Gumball Dispenser (LOT P243), and a Steelcraft Mack Pedal Truck (LOT P249).
Road Art auctions are held on the Main Auction Block today through Jan. 11, beginning at 9 a.m. Road Art auctions will be held on the Main Auction Block on Jan. 12, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
DATES & TIMES
Mecum Auctions runs today through Jan. 13. Gates 1 and 2 open at 8 a.m. daily.
ADMISSION & PARKING
General admission to Mecum Auctions runs on a daily ticket rate. Starting today, admission can be purchased for $30 per person, per day, through Jan. 11. Children ages 12 and under get in free.
General parking is $10 per day, cash only.
Can’t make it to the show but still want to get in on some of the action? No problem. Portions of Mecum Auctions will be available for TV viewing on NBCSN throughout the event.
See the full broadcast schedule:
• Jan. 8, 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. (LIVE)
• Jan. 9, noon to 6 p.m. (LIVE)
• Jan. 10, 12:30 a.m. to 3 a.m. (RE-AIR)
• Jan. 10, noon to 6 p.m. (LIVE)
• Jan. 11, 1 a.m. to 3 a.m. (RE-AIR)
• Jan. 11, noon to 6 p.m. (RE-AIR)
• Jan. 11, 11 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. (RE-AIR)
• Jan. 12, 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. (LIVE)
• Jan. 12, 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. (NDD)
• Jan. 13, midnight to 1 a.m. (DELAYED)
• Jan. 13, 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (NDD).
Note: Dates and times are subject to change. “NDD” is next day delay.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Mecum Auctions, visit Mecum.com or call 262-275-5050.