AAA forecasts a strong year for travel, based on the results of a recent AAA Consumer Pulse survey.
According to the report, 84 percent of Floridians plan to take at least one vacation or leisure trip of three days or more this year; a 1 percent increase from 2018. The most popular vacations are theme parks, beach destinations, and ocean/large cruises.
“The recent U.S. jobs report shows signs of economic positivity and may give Floridians a boost in confidence, as they map out their travel plans for the coming year,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Floridians have the luxury of being just a day-trip away from popular attractions, beaches, and cruise ports. Although road trippers will encounter higher gas prices in the spring and summer, AAA does not expect prices at the pump to exceed last year’s highs.”
• 6 percent – Theme Park
• 1 percent – Beach Destination
• 9 percent – Ocean/Large Cruise
• 8 percent – City/major metro destination
SEASONAL TRAVEL PLANS
• pring Break – 56 percent of travelers will take a spring break vacation of three days or more.
March is the most popular month for a spring break vacation (41 percent of spring break travelers).
• ummer – 80 percent of travelers will take at least one summer vacation of three days or more.
• 2 percent of Floridians plan to visit a theme park this year (minimum of one day).
Most popular theme parks:
• 2 percent – Walt Disney World
• 5 percent – Universal Orlando
• 0 percent – SeaWorld Orlando
• 8 percent – Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
About the Consumer Pulse Survey
The AAA Consumer Pulse Survey was conducted online among residents living in Florida from Oct. 8-22, 2018. A total of 409 residents completed the survey, with 342 planning to take a 2019 vacation.
Responses are weighted by gender and age to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the adult population (ages 18 and over) in Florida.