Small Business Saturday is back in Kissimmee and St. Cloud this weekend to help drive foot traffic downtown and kick off the holiday season.
Small Business Saturday, founded by American Express in 2010, is held each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to encourage people to shop at independently-owned businesses online and at storefronts across the country.
Kissimmee deals and discounts
In Kissimmee, the following stores are offering discounts and specials.
• Abracadabra: 10 percent off entire bill.
• Vintage Vino: 20 percent off bottles to go and 40 percent off solid cases.
• Shipwrecked: 10 percent off with downtown shopping receipt.
• 3 Sisters Speakeasy: 10 percent off and 20 percent off with downtown shopping receipt (alcohol excluded).
• Candyland Designs: Chocolate sale and a cake raffle.
• Breeze: Pre-holiday Happy Hour from 3 to 6 p.m. Domestic drafts $1 off, two-for-one wells,
$3 Fireball shots and $5 Rumplemintz shots.
• Diane’s Tea Room: 10 percent discount on sale merchandise.
• Kissimmee Diner: Free coffee before 1 p.m. and $5 burger deal.
• Matador: Free piece of
• MCO: $10 brows, $15 manicure, $20 pedicure, $35 blow out and flat Iron, $10 senior citizens all week, $12 haircut for men and children.
Other Kissimmee events going on Saturday
There will also be a special downtown merchant’s Gingerbread Alley competition taking place at Chandelier’s located at 19 Broadway.
At least 10 merchants are expected to compete, and residents are encouraged to come out and vote for their favorite gingerbread house.
Selfies with Santa will be at Kissimmee Main Street (421 Broadway) from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Finally, Kissimmee merchants will offer free holiday treats during a Cookie Crawl on Saturday at the following participating locations: Big John’s Rockin’ BBQ, Broadway Pizza Bar, Candyland Designs, Kissimmee Diner, Savion’s Place, Shipwrecked in the Islands and Vintage Vino.
St. Cloud Small Business Saturday
Paula Stark, executive director of St. Cloud Main Street, emphasized how important she believes it is to support local businesses.
“Small Businesses give back to the community,” she said. “When you support a local business, you’re also supporting St. Cloud.”
Stark has worked in recent weeks with local businesses to develop special sales and discounts specifically for Small Business Saturday.
A free biscuits and gravy breakfast will be at Jimmy Bear’s BBQ, 1102 New York Ave., for the first 50 guests beginning at 9:30 a.m. Shop Small promotional giveaways will occur at the same place and time, while supplies last.
St. Cloud discounts
Here are some additional deals offered at St. Cloud businesses Saturday.
• New York Antiques: 10 to 20 percent off items.
• Brews N’ Blues: 20 percent off with a receipt from a downtown local business, no exclusions.
• Q Bellas Accessories: $10 sales rack and 30 percent off select items.
• Dave Askew Jewelers: Get jewelry cleaned and checked for free and enjoy free popcorn from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Frankie’s Place Downtown Eatery: 15 percent off with a receipt from another downtown business.
• The Wear House Boutique: 30 percent off (excluding designer items).
Also, Chisholm Craft’s and The Wear House Boutique collected non-perishable food for the St. Cloud Community Pantry.
• Cobblestone Courtyard: When you show your receipt from a purchase from a local downtown businesses, you’ll receive 15 percent off.
• Sweet Spot Snoballs: They will be serving free hot cocoa from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Show your receipt from a local downtown business and get 15 percent off.
• The Stained Glass Lady: 10 percent off all in-store purchases (excluding custom orders).
• 10th Street Produce and Deli: 15 percent off (excluding prepared foods).
• Blissology: 30 percent off (some exclusions apply).
• Waxx Bar: 15 percent off all waxing services.
• Rayzor’s Edge: Buy two items, get the third one free.
• Kuppa Thyme Tea Room: Receive a complimentary afternoon tea when you make a $20 purchase in their gift shop.
• Ashley Bass Hair and Make Up Artist: $10 off hair or make up styling services.
• Vintage Soul: Earn cash back for every dollar spent over $10 to use on your next visit.
• Beauty Like a Mother: $50 savings on microblading.
• My Sincerely Yours: First 10 people get $10 off. From 9 a.m. to noon get 30 percent off storewide, and from noon to 2 p.m. get 20 percent off storewide.