JIC PIO Phone Line: 407-742-9003 (voicemails are auto-transcribed & go directly to PIO email)
JIC PIO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JIC PIO FAX: 407-742-9122
For Livestream/video/updates on Facebook: @OsceolaEOC
For Web updates: www.osceola.org/
For on-deadline media queries:
DAYTIME CONTACT: On call PIO Melissa Zayas-Moreno (mobile/text): 407-301-5144
NIGHTIME CONTACT will be published on Monday 09-02-19 when the EOC moves to 24-hour activation. Until then, EMERGENCY ONLY overnight contact is Lisa Nason (mobile/text): 321-284-6733
Osceola County Orders Mandatory Evacuation of Good Samaritan Village in Kissimmee
1. At noon today, an emergency meeting of the Osceola County Board of County Commissioners was held at the Osceola County EOC. During this meeting a Declaration of Local Emergency for Osceola County resolution was executed, effective Sept 1 through Sept 8.
2. At the request of the Good Samaritan leadership, an Executive Order was executed by Osceol providing for the mandatory evacuation of ALL personnel and tenants from the Good Samaritan Village in Kissimmee by noon Monday, Sept 2. Good Samaritan Village is coordinating the evacuation.
3. Trash collection schedules are as follows:
Osceola County will operate its regularly scheduled pickup on Monday Sept 2.
The City of St. Cloud will also maintain their regular pickup for Monday Sept 2.
For the city of Kissimmee:
Monday routes will be collected on Thursday.
Tuesday routes will be collected on Friday.
4. A reminder that sandbag distribution has closed in all Osceola County and City of Kissimmee and City of St. Cloud locations. Please see below stats
Since activating on Aug 28., Osceola County has
Filled more than 220,000 sandbags
Fielded more than 1,200 Citizen Information Center calls
Connected with more than 500,000 residents and visitors via the AlertOsceola system.
5. Shelter Update:
The Osceola County Special Needs Shelter opened Saturday Aug 31, 2019 at the Council on Aging, located at 700 Generation Pt, Kissimmee. Please remember that individuals staying at the special needs shelter should bring medicine and other vital supplies. For more information, please call the Osceola County Special Needs hotline at 407-742-9001
Osceola County’s three general population shelters will open at noon Monday , Sept 2. Those general population shelters are:
Harmony High School (pet-friendly shelter) 3601 Arthur J Gallagher Blvd, St Cloud St. Cloud High School- 2000 Bulldog Lane, St Cloud
Horizon Middle School- 2020 Ham Brown Road, Kissimmee
6. On Wednesday, Osceola County issued a voluntary evacuation order for low lying areas and manufactured and mobile homes to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
7. Osceola County public schools will be closed on Tuesday.
8. For automatic updates, text alertosceola – ONE WORD – to 888777 FYI, a registration link will follow.