Kissimmee city officials said there would be temporary road closures during the Kissimmee Festival of Lights Parade Saturday, Dec. 8.
Road closures begin at 5 p.m. on Saturday and roads are expected to re-open at approximately 9 p.m. that same evening.
The following roads will be closed for the event:
- Broadway from Neptune Road to Ruby Avenue.
- Dakin Avenue from Broadway to Monument.
- Lakeview Drive from Monument Avenue to Beaumont.
- Monument Avenue from Broadway to Lakeshore Boulevard.
- Ruby Avenue.
- Bryant Street and Patrick Street between South Rose Avenue and Ruby Avenue.
The parade route will start at Ruby Avenue and travel north on Broadway and turning on Dakin Avenue. After crossing in front of the Kissimmee Civic Center and over Monument Avenue, the route continues down Lakeview Drive before concluding back at Ruby Avenue.
Motorists can utilize Church and Emmett streets as alternate routes for east and westbound traffic in downtown Kissimmee. Downtown patrons and business owners should avoid parking on Broadway after 3 p.m. as vehicles will not be allowed to leave after 5 p.m. out of consideration for spectator safety.
For more information about the Festival of Lights Parade, visit www.kissimmee.org or call the Events team at 407-518-2503.