The city of Kissimmee will temporary close downtown roads Sunday to accommodate the Puerto Rican Parade.
Roads to close at 8 a.m. are:
• Bryan Street between Rose Avenue and Ruby Avenue.
•Patrick Street between Beaumont Avenue and Ruby Avenue
Roads to close at 10 a.m. are:
• Rose Avenue from Bryan to Emmett Street
• Emmett Street from Rose Avenue to Ruby Avenue
• Broadway from Ruby Avenue to Neptune Road
• Dakin Avenue from Broadway to Monument Avenue
• Ruby Avenue from Broadway to the train tracks
The parade will start at 11 a.m. and roads are expected to reopen by noon. Motorists will be able to utilize Church Street and Mabbette Street as alternate routes for east and westbound traffic in downtown Kissimmee.
For those who want to go to the marina, uninterrupted access will be available from John Young Parkway to Patrick Street, to Beaumont Avenue to Lakeview Drive.
Free parking will be available at the Pleasant Street (Toho Square Garage) and Intermodal garage. Downtown patrons and business owners should avoid parking on Broadway after 6 a.m. as vehicles will not be permitted to leave after 10 a.m. due to spectator arrival.
This event is organized by the Centro Cultural Puertorriqueño and it’s not affiliated with the city of Kissimmee.
For more information about the city of Kissimmee visit, www.kissimmee.org.