The city of Kissimmee’s asphalt mill and overlay project was scheduled to start today, Feb. 6.
The following streets will be resurfaced:
- Bryan Street from Ruby Avenue to Beaumont Avenue.
- Bryan Street from Rose Avenue to John Young Parkway.
- South Randolph Avenue from Emmett Street to Penfield Street.
- South Clyde Avenue from Emmett Street to Patrick Street.
- Patrick Street from John Young Parkway to Dillingham Avenue.
- Patrick Street from Clyde Avenue to Beaumont Avenue.
- South Orlando Avenue from Emmett Street to Bryan Street.
- Bay Street from Oak Street to Park Street.
The mill and overlay process is where the top layer of asphalt is removed, and replaced with a new top layer. The preventative maintenance process corrects existing voids and helps protect the pavement from future deterioration.
The Public Works and Engineering Department is currently in the final year of a six-year pavement management program.
For more information about the city of Kissimmee, visit www.kissimmee.org