By Peter Covino
Whether you like a good sale and a chance to pick up some free stuff or want to shake hands with a sports celebrity, there’s a good reason to go to Sports Authority Saturday morning and throughout the weekend.
One of the nation’s largest sporting good retailers, has remodeled six Orlando area stores, including one in Kissimmee, and will hold a grand opening event starting at 8 a.m. and each store.
According to the press release, the redesigned stores have everything customers need to get active, including the latest from top brands like Nike, Under Armour, adidas, The North Face and more.
“We are very excited about the grand reopening of our stores in Orlando,” said Michael Foss, Chief Executive Officer of Sports Authority. “Sports Authority believes in bringing communities together through the good of sport, and we are committed to providing great value and outstanding service to families and recreational athletes across the Orlando area.”
In the spirit of giving back, Sports Authority is also donating $50,000 to renovate local athletic fields and invites customers to join them in making a difference. Beginning Saturday, May 16 to Friday, June 12, customers can round up their total purchase to the next dollar and all proceeds will directly benefit Orlando community fields.
The grand reopening events and promotions include:
- Starting at 8 am, the first 100 customers in line at each store will receive a $25 Instant Sports Authority Cash Card. The 101st–200th customers in line will receive a $10 cash card
- Customers can meet Orlando guard Evan Fournier from 11 am–12:30 pm at the Winter Garden store
- Customers can shoot hoops with Orlando point guard Elfrid Payton from 11 am–12:30 pm at the Colonial store and 2–3:30 pm at the Sanford store
- Customers can play catch with baseball star Johnny Damon from 1–2:30 pm at the South Orlando store
- Customers can throw a football with former Jacksonville running back Fred Taylor from 1–2:30 pm at the Waterford Lakes store
- Customers can kick a soccer ball with Orlando midfielder Eric Avila from 2–3:30 pm at the Kissimmee store
Saturday and Sunday
- Customers can register for a chance to win a golf package for four individuals that includes an overnight stay and round of golf at the Shingle Creek Golf Club and Fitbit Charge activity wristband; A paddleboard package for four individuals that includes a private Orlando Venetian Canal paddleboard tour and GoPro HERO4 cameras; A glamping package for four individuals that includes a family glamour camping weekend at Westgate River Ranch Resort and a $250 Sports Authority gift card.
The first 200 customers to spend $15 or more will receive a free camp chair
Customers are invited to join The League, Sports Authority’s loyalty program, which gives members a Point for every dollar spent. Within a quarterly period, members who earn 100 Points or more will receive 5 percent back on all in-store purchases.
For more information on grand reopening events and regular store hours, visit sportsauthority.com/Orlando.