By Jennifer DiDomenico
With Mother’s Day this weekend, it’s important to remember how much our moms do for us. And though we should show appreciation for our moms every day of the year, this day should be especially great.
Let mom sit back, relax, and enjoy her day. Here are some fun ways to show mom you love her.
- Winter Park’s Parks & Recreation Department is hosting a family fun event at Ward Park. Kids of all ages can make personalized gifts for mom, featuring a special art project of decorating a flower pot complete with seeds. The event will be held on Saturday, May 12, from 10 a.m. to noon. Admission is free. For more information, call 407-559-3342.
- Treat mom to a delicious meal at Gaylord Palms’ Villa de Flora. A personal favorite of my own mom’s, this buffet-style, fine-dining restaurant offers a Mediterranean menu. Gaylord Palms is also offering a “Love Her with Lavender” spa experience, featuring relaxing, lavender-scented spa treatments including body treatments, facials, pedicures and more. Book more than one treatment and receive a 15 percent discount.
- Wake mom up with a yummy treat. Duck Donuts in Kissimmee is offering you the chance to pre-order fresh, made-to-order donuts to make mom’s day a little extra special. Featured donuts include those with vanilla, chocolate, strawberry or lemon icing, spring sprinkles, Oreo crumbles, powdered sugar, shredded coconut, vanilla or key lime drizzle, and much more. Pre-orders can be made online at www.DuckDonuts.com, or by calling 407-350-5832.
- The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye is celebrating Mother’s Day with its “Eye Love Mom” package. This $139 deal includes a private family capsule for up to four people (additional tickets are available for $20 per person), a “MOMosa” bar featuring champagne and non-alcoholic options, a Sweet Treats Bar, plus special gifts for mom to treasure. Children under 3 are free. For more information, or to make a reservation, visit www.OfficialOrlandoEye.com/Mom. Reservations can
be made for time slots
- Take a day trip over to Tarpon Springs for a Mother’s Day Mother Nature Hike. The fun, educational walk will take place at Brooker Creek Preserve, exploring the creek’s ecosystems, and plants and animals associated with them. The leisurely 1-mile hike will run 9:30 to 11 a.m. Admission is free.