By Jennifer DiDomenico
Editor’s Note: “Your Summer Checklist” will resume in next week’s issue, as this week we will focus on ways to celebrate Dad in honor of Father’s Day. To submit ideas for “Your Summer Checklist,” email email@example.com.
With Father’s Day this weekend, it’s important to remember how much our dads mean to us. Remind him, by showing him some love this Father’s Day with some fun activities in Central Florida.
- Dine together at Gaylord Palms’ Father’s Day Brunch at Villa de Flora. Take dad out for a delicious buffet, featuring a market-inspired menu with entrees from the Mediterranean. Brunch runs noon to 4 p.m., and is priced at $45 per adult and $22 per child. Self-parking is included.
- Hit the greens this Sunday with a swing clinic at Drive Shack in Lake Nona. Drive Shack invites dads and kids of all ages to stop by during select times throughout the weekend (June 15-17). The package includes a 90 minute swing + learn lesson with a PGA Pro, free membership and a special gift ($30 value). Packages are $75 for dad and one guest, $95 for dad and two guests. Clinic times can be found online. Visit www.DriveShack.com.
- Over 21 and want to have a little fun with Dad? Put on your best dad jeans and cheesy tee shirts, and go on a pub and eats crawl in Orlando. Participating businesses include Piper’s Sports Bar & Grill, Roque Pub, Ocean Sun Brewing, Luigi’s New York Pizzeria, La Fiesta Mexican Grill, JJ’s Fusion Grille and Pho & Roll. The crawl is 5 to 10 p.m. For more information, visit Eventbrite.com and search for “Father’s Day Pub Crawl” in Orlando events.
- Make Father’s Day extra special with ICON Orlando’s “ICONic Dad” package. The package includes a private family capsule for up to four guests, a craft beer flight featuring Orange County Brewers, a soda float for non-alcoholic options, tailgate games for the whole family and priority boarding— all for just $139. Up to four additional tickets may be purchased, for $20 each. Visit www.ICONOrlando.com/FathersDay.
- Enjoy a delicious meal on International Drive. Tony Roma’s on International Drive is offering a special menu from June 16 -17 for just $35. The menu includes a 12 oz. New York Strip, grilled to perfection and topped with creamy, spicy Kickin’ Shrimp and served with his choice of salad or soup and a fresh vegetable. In addition, Del Frisco’s on International Drive, is serving up a delicious slow roasted herb crusted Prime Rib served as a 16 oz. or 20 oz. just for dad on Sunday, June 17th. The 16 oz. is available for $45 and the 20 oz. for $55. The Prime Rib pairs perfectly with a Del Frisco’s signature Old Fashioned.