The Southern Women’s Show kicks off at the Orange County Convention Center Sept. 15-18. The show is recognized as the premier event for women in Central Florida and will feature amazing shopping, creative cooking ideas, healthy lifestyle tips, trendy fashion shows, home décor and home improvement ideas and celebrity guests. For over two decades the Southern Women’s Show has featured everything important to women from fashion and accessories to health and fitness.
Here are a few things you need to know about the 2016 Southern Women’s Show.
1. Meet Celebrity Guests: Go to the Fashion & Entertainment Stage to meet special guests and hear what they have to say. Keegan Allen, known for his role as Toby Cavanaugh in Freeform’s Pretty Little Liars will appear at the show on Saturday and Whitney Way Thore, star of TLC’s My Big Fat Fabulous Life, will be at the show on Sunday.
2. Be Gracious to Your Sweet Tooth: Juliana Evans of Graciously Sweet has been baking since the age of 2 – and it shows. Along with the title of reigning Ghirardelli Ultimate S’mores Champion, she was most recently seen competing in The Food Network’s Cake Wars. She will be at the Cooking Stage all weekend sharing her latest and greatest dessert recipes.
3. Stop by the Macy’s Pavilion for a fresh fall makeover from the finest cosmetic and fragrance lines.
4. Taste of Home Cooking School. Guests can sharpen their culinary skills with the Taste of Home Cooking School on Thursday and Friday.
September 15th and 16th. Tickets for the cooking class are just $15 (in advance), and include show admission and swag bag valued at more than $50.
5. Rock New Fall Hair – On Friday, September 16th from 4pm-7pm Blo Blow Dry Bar is offering complimentary dry styles from professionals. Styling is first come first served so snag your squad and have your tresses transformed with fresh looks that will blow you away.
6. Girls’ Night Out: The Orange County Firefighter fashion show is a longstanding Southern Women’s Show tradition, and the hunky heroes are back to heat up the catwalk for a great cause. All donations go to support the St. Baldrick’s Foundation to help children with cancer. This year, Little Black Dress Wines is sponsoring the evening. Enjoy $4 admission after 4pm and a complimentary glass of wine (while supplies last, with printed coupon from the show’s website).
7. Hoop It Up!: Chris Lowe has spent the last 17 years in the health and fitness industry and she is the mastermind behind the newest fitness program in the U.S. called PowerHoopz Fitness System. PowerHoopz is a hula hoop fitness workout that anyone can do. She teaches women, children, men and senior citizens how to have fun while getting fit. Don’t miss her on the Fashion & Entertainment Stage hosting the Mother-Daughter Hula Hoop contest on Sunday.
8. Take a Spin: Make a pit stop at the Chevrolet exhibit to check out the 2016 Camaro Convertible, Traverse, and Malibu! Professionals will be on hand to answer your questions, and to help you find the vehicle that best fits your busy lifestyle. Then take a test drive at the show to receive a $10 gift card from either Amazon, Starbucks or Target and help FIND NEW ROADS™ with Chevrolet.
9. Mother Daughter Day: Mothers and daughters enjoy a day of pampering, shopping, and entertaining together on Sunday, September 18th. Bring your little ones to meet The Snow Sisters, provided by Once Upon a Party. They will be hosting an enchanted sing-a-long at 2:30pm on stage, followed by a magical meet-and-greet opportunity.
10. Calling all Teachers: As a special thank you to teachers for all they do for kids and our community, on Saturday, September 17, educators and staff who present a valid school ID will receive special discounts and treats throughout the show ALL day!