A new year is bringing exciting new experiences mixed with relaxing and fulfilling events to Kissimmee. Give your family an adventure with a safari ride, then chill with leisurely moments at delicious new eateries. The new decade is sure to bring vacation bliss and balance to visitors from near and far.
Attractions: Find the perfect thrill
Walt Disney World Resort
The first-ever, ride-through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse is opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on March 4. Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will feature a new cartoon short that takes guests inside a Mickey cartoon for a fun-filled adventure where “Mouse rules apply” and anything can happen.
An exciting transformation of Epcot has begun, with groundbreaking attractions and other unforgettable experiences debuting in the coming months and years.
• In 2020, Epcot will introduce several new shows. Starting in January, guests can experience “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” and “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.”
• In the summer, the France pavilion will welcome a new attraction, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, where guests will race through Gusteau’s restaurant on a wild adventure.
• Additionally, a delicious new restaurant is coming to the France pavilion. La Crêperie de Paris will offer both table- and quick-service options, featuring a menu from celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse.
• The largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park is coming to Epcot. “HarmonioUS” will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over.
• Drawn to Life, a new Cirque du Soleil production, is set to open at Disney Springs on March 20. The new show will transport guests into the world of Disney animation in Cirque du Solei’s signature style.
• Coming this spring, Ice Breaker is SeaWorld Orlando’s first launch coaster. The coaster will feature four launches, both backwards and forwards, culminating in a reverse launch.
• The chase is on this spring as Universal Studios Florida thrills visitors with a new live-action stunt show. The Bourne Stuntacular will follow Jason Bourne across three continents during an epic chase.
• LEGOLAND Florida Resort is proclaiming 2020 the “Year of the Pirate”. During PirateFest Weekends, held select weekends in April and May, guests will learn to be a pirate and meet exclusive pirate characters. Also opening in April, Pirate Water Ski Show Adventure will feature skiing acrobatics, water stunts, pirate humor, and more.
• With a wild end to 2019, Wild Florida Airboats & Gator Park recently opened its Drive-Thru Safari Park, featuring more than 100 exotic animals and native Florida wildlife like elk, bison, cracker cows, zebras, watusi, oryx, and more. Guests can also experience feeding giraffes on a feeding platform high above the Safari Park.
• Revolution Off Road is introducing Archery Tag, a game of dodgeball with (modified) bows and arrows, where teams compete to steal arrows.
• Old Town Kissimmee is completing its final expansion phase with the unveiling of a reimagined Front Plaza where visitors can chill with dining and a stroll of the shops. The new area will feature Shoney’s, Bobby’s Garage Bar, Garra Spa, and four additional retail spaces opening early 2020.
Dining: Something for every palate
• Beatrix is opening soon at Disney Springs West Side. The neighborhood restaurant, coffeehouse, and grab-and-go market features healthy food options including vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan along with fresh-squeezed juice cocktails.
• KAVAS Tacos + Tequila is set to open September 2020. The Mexican restaurant will be located at Pointe Orlando and will include nightly entertainment.
• Sunset Walk at Margaritaville Resort Orlando, a shopping, dining, and entertainment complex is adding even more fun to the destination, including:
• Estefan Kitchen, a vibrant restaurant, supper club, and night club concept will feature authentic, home-style Cuban cuisine and healthy alternatives to your Cuban favorites.
• El Jefe Tequilas and Cocinas, the new Mexican concept, will serve a vast selection of tequila (more than 200 varieties) along with south-of-the-border cuisine.
• Lafayette’s Fish House and Music Hall will offer fresh and flavorful seafood dishes, along with live music, seven nights a week.
• BB’s World Famous Barbeque will serve up delicious smoky, sweet, and everything-in-between barbeque dishes.
Accommodations: Relax and unwind
Renovations are happening throughout Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, including all guest rooms and suites of the main resort, the lobby, and meeting and public spaces.
StayBridge Suites-Orlando Royale Parc recently concluded a multi-million-dollar renovation, which features spacious one- and two-bedroom suites, sleeping up to 10 guests.
Each suite includes a fully equipped kitchen, as well as large workspace for that comfortable home-away-from-home feel.