It’s Valentine’s Day. It’s the day that many people send messages of love and affection to partners, family and friends.
Well, we wanted to know whom your special someone was and what they meant to you. So we asked you through some posts on our Facebook page and we got some sweet responses. We informed the public that we would be using the responses for a story. Here are some of them:
• Melissa Holmes of St. Cloud: “My love, R. Holmes. We’ve known each other as kids, we’ve been and remained friends over the years, and now we are growing old in our love for each other.”
• Catherine Cruz of Kissimmee: “My family is the love of my life...but also the darling students in my classroom. I cannot imagine my life without my beautiful mother and daughter. And I am beyond blessed to share my workday with the sweetest members of my community.”
• Linda Austin of St. Cloud: “My grandkids!!! They inspire me!!!”
• Laurie Stevens of Kissimmee: “My husband Rick is my Valentines. I love him for being the person he is. He is kind, loving, compassionate and honest. I am blessed to have him in my life.”
• Jennifer Ellis of Lakeland: “My husband Forrest L. Ellis is the love of my life. He is the calm eye in this crazy hurricane called life.”
• Jen Ann of Davenport: “My 3 amazing sons.”
• Jenny McStoots-Bigley of St. Cloud: “My rock, best friend and the love of my life. He takes care of me when I’m sick even when he works an 8-hour shift.”
• Karen King Claar of St. Cloud: “Coming home from a long day at work and finding a slice of your favorite pie waiting for you. Recording movies because you will probably like them and loved them. Sometimes it’s the little things that make you feel so loved. Love ya Robert Claar. Happy Valentine’s Day!”
• Dawn Richards of St. Cloud: “True love is an amazing feeling! I have been lucky enough to know that feeling for over 11 years now. Charles Richards is my one and only now and forever!”
• Katherine Ruth Giles of Kissimmee: “I have 7 Valentine’s. My amazing husband, Nate Giles, who is a disabled army veteran, who I met 13 years ago in the lowest part of my life and he was there to help me through everything. He truly saved my life and taught me what a man should be like; and my 6 beautiful children ages 9 to 17. I had one child from a previous marriage, my husband had three children from a previous marriage, and we had two children together who formed our “yours, mine, and ours” family. I couldn’t be more blessed. Happy Valentine’s my sweets! I love you all.”
• Amanda Harris of St. Cloud: “He means everything to me. Unconditional love, lots of laughter, tight hugs, security, comfort, home. Because of that love, we have two wonderful kids to celebrate life with. After 20 years, he’s still my valentine. I love you Kenneth!!”
• Jannine Williams Wilson of St. Cloud: “I met the love of my life eight years ago! I knew he was special, when after working the whole day he stayed up all night Black Friday shopping with me! Still he puts our children, his stepchildren and me first! He brings me laughter, love and is my best friend! Love you Keary Wilson!”
• Jill Fulton of Ocoee: “My name is Jill Fulton and my husband is Dave Fulton. We’ve been married almost 12 years. We currently live in Ocoee. He means a partner, a coach, my love, the person that wants the world for me even when I struggle to want that for myself. He’s my person that I love with all my heart and my best friend.”
Happy Valentine’s Day!