Around Osceola
Osceola News-Gazette

Follow Us On:

Norad Tracks Santa

Explosion in resort laundry room sends 5 to hospital

Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 9:41 am

Five people were sent to the hospital Wednesday morning after a chemical explosion that occurred in the laundry room of the Radisson resort in Osceola County.

According to Osceola County Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Dan McAvoy, the explosion happened when chlorine and bleach were mixed together. Five people were sent to Celebration Health with inhalation problems and one man had burns to his hands, McAvoy said. The resort is located at 3011 Maingate Lane near Disney,

The incident is currently under investigation. Check back for updates.