Around Osceola

Entertainment » Events

Not your average doll house, American Girl arrives at Florida Mall

Posted on November 19, 2014 at 4:41 pm

            By Peter Covino A&E Editor If you have a girl at home under the age of 12, your holiday shopping budget just went up a whole lot. American Girl, renowned for its line up of dolls, books and even movies based on the immensely popular dolls, has come to Florida Mall. The new store opened over the weekend, and according to reports, attracted as

Read Full Story

Events » Older Stories

  • Local groups helping to feed those in need for Thanksgiving

    Posted on November 19, 2014 at 11:13 am

    Photo/Osceola County Council on Aging
Frankie Arroyo, a Council on Aging employee in the dietary/kitchen department, prepares Thanksgiving dinners. The council, 700 Generation Point, Kissimmee, will serve a Thanksgiving dinner from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

    By Charlie Reed Staff Writer Thanksgiving is still a week away, but Dorris Huggins and other volunteers with the Intercession City Civic Association have already begun preparing. When you’re serving turkey dinner with all the fixings for 300, there’s a lot to do. “It gets hectic, but it works out real well,” said the association president Huggins, who also is treasurer for the Central Florida Community Bread Basket in Intercession

    Read Full Story
  • Artegon Marketplace is ready for its Thursday grand opening

    Posted on November 18, 2014 at 10:23 am

                    By Peter Covino A&E Editor Orlando’s next great shopping attraction, Artegon Marketplace is just days away from its grand opening. Media and invited guests got a sneak preview of the new shopping center, the former home of Festival Bay off of International Drive, in advance of the official grand opening Thursday. Thursday will kick off a weekend of opening events at the

    Read Full Story
  • Osceola Art Festival returns. Fall art festival is Saturday and Sunday in Kissimmee

    Posted on November 13, 2014 at 11:11 am

    By Peter Covino A&E Editor You can tell its fall in downtown Kissimmee not by the falling leaves in the street but by all of the art tents. Yes, it is Osceola Fall Art Festival time and Osceola Arts (formerly Osceola Center for the Arts) and Kissimmee Mainstreet present the 2014 Osceola Fall Art Festival. This is the 49th year for the most popular art festival in the county. The

    Read Full Story
  • The Hunger grows. Lionsgate announces Hunger Games coming to the stage in 2016

    Posted on November 7, 2014 at 1:15 pm

    Continuing the expansion of its global blockbuster Hunger Games franchise into new businesses, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a premier next generation global content leader, is teaming with Dutch media company Imagine Nation and U.S. based Triangular Entertainment to bring The Hunger Games to the stage using innovative and immersive staging techniques, the companies announced today. The Hunger Games theatrical experience will launch in summer 2016 in a brand new purpose-built theater

    Read Full Story
  • Universal Orlando to host Nickelodeon’s “Every Witch Way”

    Posted on November 7, 2014 at 12:57 pm

    Universal Orlando Resort will host a fun filled weekend featuring the Nickelodeon hit live action series “Every Witch Way” on December 12 and 13. Fans of the hit series will be able to enjoy two days of  activities featuring some of their favorite cast members, including Paola Andino (Emma Alonso), Nick Merico (Daniel Miller), Paris Smith (Maddie Van Pelt) and Rahart Adams (Jax Novoa). Nickelodeon’s “Every Witch Way” Weekend will

    Read Full Story
  • Food trucks, bonfires and pioneers, but not in one night

    Posted on November 7, 2014 at 12:49 pm

            By Peter Covino A&E Editor Well here’s hoping the big bonfire doesn’t fizzle tomorrow night in West Kissimmee. The latest forecast shows a 30 percent chance of rain Saturday. Hopefully, the good 70 percent of the forecast will be in the evening. If you like all things British, the event should be pretty cool (except close to that bonfire). Parking is only $2 and it is

    Read Full Story

Headlines of the Day

News Videos