Suspects sought in multiple Celebration burglaries
Osceola County Sheriff’s detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying suspects who have committed multiple burglaries in the Celebration community.
Since January of this year, deputies have taken seven similar burglary reports from Celebration residents. According to some of the reports, a suspect will knock on a neighbor’s door to see if someone is home. If the homeowner answers the door, the suspect will say he has a delivery and gives a last name. If no one answers the door, the suspect makes entry into the home using an unlocked back door or breaks a window. Typically, the suspect is looking for small safes, jewelry, cash or firearms, Sheriff’s Office reports stated. In one of the incidents, the suspect was seen leaving in a vehicle, possibly a newer model, dark colored Dodge minivan driven by an accomplice.
One of the suspects is described as a white or Hispanic male, approximately 30 to 40 years old with a heavy build.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office at 407-348-2222 or Crimeline at (800) 423-TIPS (8477). Calls made to Crimeline remain anonymous, and tips that lead to the felony arrest of suspects and/or the recovery of stolen property and drugs are eligible for cash rewards of up to $1,000.
To avoid becoming a burglary victim, the Sheriff’s Office is offering the following tips:
• Remove unnecessary temptations from view. Bikes on the front porch are a huge draw to your home.
• Lock your doors and windows when you are not home.
• Close your garage doors when you are not at home or inside your residence.
• Set your alarms. Even if your system is not monitored.
• Be alert. Call the Sheriff’s Office immediately at 407-348-2222 if you see any suspicious persons or vehicles.
• If you have an unexpected visitor knocking on the door, do not open it, but make sure to let the person know that your home is occupied. Burglars don’t want confrontation and will leave. If this happens, call the Sheriff’s Office at 407-348-2222.